- This event has passed.
The Mighty Miss Marathon is a human-powered race on the mighty Mississippi River. 55, 25 and 12-mile races. The race is open to all forms of human-powered transportation on the river including canoes, kayaks, paddle boards and more. PFD’s (lifejackets) are required for all participants at all times. We have events for paddlers of all abilities. Short descriptions of the events can be found below. Join us on the Mighty Mississippi for a day of paddling and fun! Form a relay team with paddling friends.
* 55 Mile Marathon Feeling up for a challenge? The Marathon distance will begin with a mass start 8AM at Beaver Island Trail Park, in St. Cloud. The finish is at Mississippi Point Park in Champlin. Arrive at 7:30 am to get race day information and number for your boat. Support crews can help out at four designated sites along the way – same as the relay tag zones.
* 55 Mile Marathon – Relay Grab some friends and take on the long race together. Relay marathon participants will plan to switch off at one of the four designated tag-off areas which are Clearwater boat ramp, Snuffy’s Landing – Becker, Ellison Park – Monticello, Babcock Wayside – Elk River. The relay team will share one boat, but can have up to 10 participants. Team age class will be determined by the average age of participants. Relay participants should plan to register together, pay with one card and list all participant information together on the same form on the registration page. Mass start at 8 am.
* 25 Mile Race Start in Monticello at Ellison Park at 10:30 am. with a mass start. Need to provide your own transportation back to start or be dropped off. Arrive at 10:00 am to get packet and number for your canoe.
* 12 Mile Race Not up for the marathon? No problem. The short distance is a great event for casual paddlers and racers alike. The short distance will begin with a mass start 12 Noon at Babcock Park in Elk River; Finish in Champlin at Mississippi Point Park. Transportation back to Babcock will be provided. Packets available at 11:15am.
* Recreational: 12 Mile Tour Want to enjoy the river without the pressure of being timed? Join us for the 12 Mile Recreational Tour, the “no pressure” way to enjoy the festivities of the marathon. The recreational event will follow the same course as the race but participants will not be timed. Transportation back to Babcock will be provided. Mass start at Noon – arrive 11:15 to get packet and number.
Please call 651-964-0148 to schedule a lesson or if you have any questions.